Find me on
- Reading this http://t.co/zOuKvAWd @nickbilton story I see that Apple apparently owns this interface: http://t.co/TXhOcdnTabout 16 hours ago
- Two wonderfully witty reads: The Siren and the Spook http://t.co/KqRCy7Y4 Romney Is President http://t.co/i5W83wlPNovember 13, 2012 18:49
- RT @fordfess: So go ahead and buy a paper. Graphics brilliant. Seminal election explained in Wednesday's NYTNovember 8, 2012 03:53
- RT @fivethirtyeight: CAN'T BELIEVE METOROLOGISTS USED MATH AND SCIENCE TO PREDICT THIS STORM. THEY MUST BE MAGIC WIZARDS.November 8, 2012 03:52
- Nate Silver's predictions: undisputedly right. http://t.co/2NkIoynuNovember 7, 2012 10:39
June 25, 2013
This is the tutorial we run thru in class: the exercise was to make a choropleth map of unemployment rates by county, although I may have overcomplicated it a bit at the end, trying to make a value-by-alpha map.
June 23, 2013
Visual recipes are such a good introduction to information design. The story is tight: out of many ingredients, one dish, a linear flow. Combining cooking and graphics always makes me happy!
May 26, 2013
Last week’s Reporter-forum in Hamburg, Germany, was the latest forum to discuss it. I was lucky enough to participate as part of the team that produced the piece.
February 12, 2013
My two passions: cooking and visual storytelling, visual storytelling and cooking. A timelapse was the perfect device for the story—so many times it isn’t. And a bit of annotation on the what, the how and the why of the ingredients.
February 5, 2013
A new semester at the School of Visual Arts. First week’s exercise: fix an ‘infamous’ BBC’s chart about train fare increases. Some of their attempts.
January 29, 2013
The final project of last semester’s Information Design class was a story about one’s block. Katya Fialkova took an activist journalist approach. Since I thought that her process, her challenges, her insight and her result were so interesting, I asked her to write a making-of post of her project. Here’s her account.
December 24, 2012
As it happens, last September I started teaching Information Design at the School of Visual Arts. The Moon was in the seventh house and Jupiter had aligned with Mars.
December 23, 2012
An interactive experiment based on what I should have done for a story on the redesign of the pinnacle of 1 World Trade Center.
December 2, 2012
Behind the scenes of the NYT’s conductor project: using motion capture to visualize the hidden nuances of conducting.
December 2, 2012
Elections are over. The graphics are set. The interactives forgotten for the latest cute kitten video, or the newest, silliest app. The print maps that wrapped the fish a couple of days later, have probably been recycled into your coffee cup.
Yet I had to do it. I had to revisit the elections.